This is a video review for the Sleep Apnea Chin Strap made by Respironics called the Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap. (See video below).
Please keep in mind that there are many types of CPAP Chin Straps and Sleep Apnea Chin Straps which all have their issues.
What we are doing here is showing you the strengths and weakness of this CPAP chin strap. Hopefully you can save yourself some money and unwanted frustration by choosing the appropriate Sleep Apnea Chin Strap after seeing our videos.
1) The Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap is humongous. Can you see this? This sleep apnea chin strap is a monster.
2) It makes your face look
like it’s wrapped up like a mummy.
3) It covers the ears. For some people, this adds to their uncomfortable feeling of Claustrophobia.
4) If you have a small head, this will cover your entire face.
5) If it is too big for you, this Sleep Apnea Chin Strap can easily cover your larynx (voice box). For some people the Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap presses down on the Larynx and causes a choking sensation.
6) If you have a small face or head, please don't use this Sleep Apnea Chin Strap. The Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap is only good for larger sized heads.
7) This chin strap makes people’s faces warm when they sleep with it on at night.
The Strengths: (please see the video…it will make more sense):
It has proven to work. It’s as simple as that. It works for many people who use it with a CPAP or BiLEVEL machine.
One look at this and you might find it hard to believe, but I’ve worked with so many Sleep Apnea patients who really like it and achieve some phenomenal results with this chinstrap.
a) The Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap works well for people who have severe “Jaw Drop” and “Jaw Drop” occurs when your mouth opens so wide that many CPAP chin straps are unable to control it. This is when you need something that's a little stronger like this awesome sleep apnea chin strap. This is definitely worth checking out.
b) Now, they also give you what they call Anchoring Straps. The Anchoring Strap goes around the back of the head to the front of the head to anchor it. Let me put it on and then I'll show you how this works. (please see my video).You don't have to use the Anchoring Strap, but it really does help stabilize this Respironics Deluxe Chinstrap. It stops it from sliding around.
Hopefully this is helpful for you.
To return from this Sleep Apnea Chin Strap Review page back to the Home Page - Click Here
To return back to the main CPAP Chin Strap page - Click Here.