Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine ( A Video Review That Is Useful To You)
• A comparative review between the Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine and the Resmed S9 Autoset CPAP Machine. A clash between two giants in the Sleep Industry.
• Disclaimer : The Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP used in this video was loaned to me by a friend for a few days and was returned. This is my friends second unit. The Resmed S9 Autoset is mine. The points made in the videos come from the many feedback I have received from my Sleep Apnea patients and from my own experience using it.
• NOTE ~ If you are too tired or don't have much time right now - I urge you to at least see Video Clips # 6 and # 7.~
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - Weight, Sound,4 critical things you.. (part 1 of 7)
Video Clip 1 of 7 - - The 3 common reasons doctors will order this machine.-- Weight-- Noise Levels -- 7 factors to consider a CPAP based on Sound -- Which is quieter? -- Irritating beep-- Backlight – what people complain about it -- The 4 things you must ask the Home Care Company to program for you.
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - Power Supply ( Part 2 of 7)
Video Clip # 2 of 7 - - Power supply -- Voltage
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine (Review) - The 2 Unique CPAP Filters They Give. What's The Difference.( Part 3 of 7)
Video Clip #3 of 7 - Why Respironics Filters never ceases to amaze me - 2 types of filters
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - The Data Card - Critical Data (Part 4 of 7)
Video Clip # 4 of 7 - I sincerely hope you are working with a good sleep doctor that requires critical data to be recorded. Not only that - they require you to bring the DATA Card to every follow up appointment. Because based on the information stored, they can fine tune the therapy to your body's needs.
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - The Differences between the CPAP Tubing You Get (Part 5 of 7)
Video Clip # 5 of 7 - I compare the truly unique CPAP Tubing that comes with the Respironics Remstar Auto , against the CPAP tubing that comes with the Resmed CPAP -- Resmed Autoset. --- Heated CPAP Tubing. – My disappointment with Respironics --- Tremendous difference where the CPAP Tubing is connected to the both the Auto CPAP. This impacts how much space you need on your night stand.
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - Fantastic Controls In Your Hands ! (Part 6 of 7)
Video Clip # 6 of 7 - -There is a heck of a lot of features you will love --- “A-Flex “ and our favorite – “A- Flex Demo” - – Please utilize this feature-- What you must tell the Home Care Company to program for you -- Ramp Time -- Ramp Pressure -- The majority of CPAP users do not require the RAMP feature after they have become used to their CPAP settings -- Programming the appropriate CPAP Tubing -- Auto On / OFF - fantastic for someone lazy like me -- How to use Mask Alert to your advantage --The Languages you can program it in.
Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP Machine - You Must Do This. ( Part 7 of 7)
Video Clip # 7 of 7 -- - I am begging you. Please use the data shown in this screen to better your CPAP Therapy and experience. The information here is valuable for your health.
• When doctor’s can’t get a clean reading from the sleep test or when someone freaks out during the sleep test or refuses to go for a second titration study – this is the type of CPAP machine that is frequently ordered.
• If you are a long time Respironics CPAP user, you will fall in love with this machine.
• In our opinion this is the best Phillips Respironics CPAP Machine
• If money or price is not an issue we will definitely recommend this.
• Warranty is 2 years. Only DeVilbiss CPAP machines have the longest warranty - 3 year warranty. This is true if you privately pay for your CPAP machine. If you get it via your Health Insurance, it may be different. Always inquire upfront.
• The CPAP bag/ case feels cheaply made. Please spend a little bit of extra money at Kmart/ walmart/ target – choose another bag that has more padding and space.
• It beeps when you turn the Remstar Pro CPAP on & off. It irritates some people and it tends to wake up some bed partners who are light sleepers. We recently heard that Respironics is making changes to that so you get to decide if you want it to beep. We just have not seen that option as of this posting.
• The one awesome thing about Philips Respironics is they upgrade their software frequently (especially with the Remstar Pro series). We like this – an indication the company is actually listening to their customers complaints.
• All the major Sleep Disorders Centers that are associated with major teaching hospitals where tons of research are always done will only strictly require this Respironics Auto CPAP, Resmed S9 Autoset CPAP and The Fisher and Paykel ICON Auto Adjust CPAP. This has been our experience only. Occasionally we will see a DeVilbiss Intellipap Auto Adjust CPAP.
• Dimensions : 18 x 14 x 10 cm ( Length = 7 inches x Width = 5.5 inches x Height = 4 inches)
• Weight is approximately 3.37 pounds (1.53 kg) with the Power Supply attached to the Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP.
• Weight of the Respironics System One Heated Humidifier = 1.95 pounds (0.89 kg)
• Many people including myself feel the Resmed S9 Autoset is quieter than the Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP . Sound level is around 29 Decibels, Fisher Paykel CPAP - ICON around 29 Decibels, Resmed S9 Autoset is around 24 Decibels and DeVelbiss Intellipap CPAP are around 26 Decibels.
• Please keep this in mind when it comes to sound - What is your personal sensitivity to sound ? A few factors to keep in mind :
a) What is your CPAP setting. The higher your CPAP settings the louder the noise.
b) Type of CPAP Tube . – 15 mm or 22 mm . Did you dial in the right Tube size into programming mode.
c) Type and appropriate size of your CPAP mask.
d) The sound of the CPAP pressure when the machine is turned on.
e) The sound of your breathing when you put the CPAP mask on while the CPAP machine is turned on.
f) How sensitive is your bed partner to the total sound. Is he/she a lite sleeper ? To you it might sound find but to them it sounds like a whirlwind.
g) Where you place the CPAP machine. Most people place their Respironics CPAP machine on the night stand just inches away from their head.
• It has Automatic Altitude Adjustment.
• Pressures can be set between 4 and 20 cmh2o.
• The backlight in LCD screen goes dark during use and will not come back on - It bothers some people who like to see data during the night.
• You can however turn the backlight on for the Heated Humidifier or shut it off .
• There is an "audible mask leak alert” that can be heard if you experience a large leak from your CPAP mask. This feature must be turned on in order to work. Very useful tool for you, as you train yourself to use the CPAP mask and the Respironics Remstar Auto CPAP all through the night.
• If you are a caregiver for child or and adult, this “audible mask leak alert” will do just that – alert you so that you could put the CPAP mask on when that persons take it off unconsciously in their sleep.
• It has “Auto on and Auto off” – just put your CPAP mask on and take a couple of good strong breaths and the unit will start. Likewise just take the CPAP mask off and the unit will automatically shut off. Check it out. Most people like the auto off only. In the Resmed S9 Autoset CPAP it has to be preprogrammed for you by the Home Health Care Company. In the Fisher Paykel CPAP machines you do not have the Auto On / OFF option..
• If you are someone who likes to take their time to settle in and cozy in bed before pressing the on button, then you should not turn the automatic feature on.
• You must tell the Home Care Company to please turn on the following features :
a) AHI and Leak.
b) Periodic Breathing - Every once in awhile pay attention to this. If you notice the number going up, please talk to your sleep physician about it. You do this to rule out Central Sleep Apnea.
c) Mask Fit Check
d) A- Flex on depending the model of machine.
e) Do not lock System One Resistance
f) Reminder to order replacement mask – depending on your insurance or needs they can set a reminder to notify you every 30, 90, 180, 270, 365 days to order CPAP Supplies. Many people like the 30 days so that it prompts them to check filters, tubing, humidifier chamber, and CPAP mask.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment that is useful for other visitors in the box below. Leave a Tip, Advice or just share what has worked for you. This way others can also benefit from your experience. We have many visitors from all corners of the world that uses a CPAP or a BiPAP and are struggling. Your advice no matter how small can make a positive difference.