In this Philips Respironics True Blue Nasal CPAP Mask review we wanted to show you the complaints and strengths people have shared with us about this sleep apnea mask
· Back Sleepers= works wonderful.
· Side Sleepers = it works well most of the time.
· Stomach Sleepers = I would not recommend. Too bulky. I haven’t had any stomach sleepers who liked this mask.
· Great For Nose Breathers
· Not good if you suffer from Allergies. Please use a CPAP full face mask.
· A lot of people are easily turned off when looking at it initially. Please don’t judge it by its looks. It is a very good Respironics CPAP Nasal Mask.
· Lousy if you are a mouth breather. Unless you use a CPAP Chin Strap with this Respironics sleep apnea mask. (To be truthful…. if you open your mouth, please consider using a full face CPAP mask.
· Moustache and Beards - good mask.
· This Philips Respironics True Blue Nasal CPAP Mask Designed for the active CPAP user who moves around in bed a lot. That’s why you have the accordion looking thing…(please see the video)
· Replaceable cushion. Make sure you specifically request for the flap also.
· Per the manufacturer. …make the mask loosely fit and the outer cushion flap will inflate around the nose & seal. The feedback I have received mirrors my experience…you do have to tighten the headgear to get a good seal.
· Forehead cushion – comfortable and it moves. Problem is ….it comes off and you can easily loose it between the bed sheets.
· You cannot adjust the forehead cushion. So if you have a long forehead or no forehead ….it may be uncomfortable.
· Headgear – very big. Not good if you have a small head.
· Ask for the “ Reduced Size Headgear – Model # 1071874” – Most people don’t know that.
· Having the top strap is very beneficial.
· The talon clips …. Easy to take off and put on. This way you do not have to keep adjusting the CPAP head strap all the time.
· The cushion is much thinner than the Respironics Comfort Gel Blue.
· Many people who have used the older Respironics Comfort Gel & the Comfort Gel Blue mask do not like True Blue.
· The TRU Blue gel is not heavy and our patients with sensitive gum lines or dental problems like it.
· Sizes …. Petite, Small, Medium, Medium Wide and Large. So many choices. The sizes almost match the older Comfort Gel Blue mask sizes. Maybe just a little bit snugger.
· Petite Frame – Petite cushion only,
· Small Frame - Small and Medium Cushions,
· Medium Frame = Medium and Small Cushions
· Large Frame = Medium Wide and Large cushions (This is awesome. You can now interchange some sizes. Save a lot of money and just change the cushions size to get a good fit)
· So far (as of this posting 3/2013) … I personally haven’t had anyone complain of being allergic to gel material.
· This is a very good alternative to ResMed Mirage Activa CPAP Nasal Mask and the ResMed Soft Gel mask. (But it is not softer than the Soft Gel)
· Smaller faces …..the mask will tend touch your upper lip.
· The very few people who I have worked with that have high CPAP pressures….around 17 cmH20 and up…….found it leaked a lot.
· Few people have complained of being bruised on the bridge of the nose. The ones I personally worked still liked the mask a lot just the bruising part was the main issue. Quite often the issue is they have the wrong size.
· Please measure your nose. To be on the safe side. It does seem to appear a bit on the small size. That’s why I recommend getting the “Fit Pack”
· Get the “FIT PACK” …. You will get a small & medium cushions (model #1071816) or you get the Medium Wide and Large cushions (model# 1071817). Pay a little bit more in the beginning and get 2 sizes. Because they run a little bit snug. Once you figure what size you like then in the future you can save money and just get that size.
· Wash your face before using ….. it will help the mask establish a good seal on your face.
To Return from this Philips Respironics True Blue Nasal CPAP Mask Review - Click Here