• You just want CPAP Masks or a BIPAP Mask that occupies a very small amount of real estate on your face. You don’t want anything bulky. Just something small. • The bulkier it is, the harder it is to sleep on your side.
• Why? It gets pushed out of position very quickly, you break the seal and now you have a CPAP mask leak.
• The smaller it is, the less likely it will obstruct your vision.
• If you are some one who usually gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and you want to leave the CPAP mask on your face as you walk to the bathroom - then the smaller/ less bulkier mask is good. You do not want something that obstructs your vision while you sleepily make your way to and from the bathroom. • The one big challenge you will have if you have a small size head, is the CPAP headgear tends to be to large for you.
• Read our article on large heads where the recommended masks listed there has CPAP head gear that comes in different sizes. Just call the Home Medical Equipment Company and order the small size headgear by itself.
Read our article on large heads where the recommended masks listed there has CPAP head gear that comes in different sizes. Just call the Home Medical Equipment Company and order the small size headgear by itself.
• A lot people that we work with prefer a smaller and less bulky sleep apnea mask because it addresses these following concerns of theirs:
1 . How the CPAP Mask makes you look.
2. How it makes you feel about yourself.
3. Many people are worried what their bed partner really thinks about them when they see them using a CPAP mask in bed.
4. The reaction from family members - example children and pets.
5. How to minimize the awkwardness you feel when sharing a hotel room with friends when you go away on vacation together.
The smaller and less bulkier the mask, the easier it is to get your head (thinking) around it and get on the business of using your CPAP effectively.
Recommended CPAP Nasal Pillows that is Small and not Bulky.
1. Resmed Swift FX
2. Resmed Swift FX for Her
3. Respironics Go Life for Men
Recommended CPAP Nasal Masks that is Small and not Bulky.
1. Sleep Weaver Advanced
2. Resmed Mirage Micro
3. Resmed Mirage FX
4. Fisher and Paykel Zest
5. Fisher and Paykel Flexifit HC407
6. Fisher and Paykel Flexifit HC 406 (if you have a petite size nose only)
7. Resmed Mirage Vista
Recommended CPAP Full Face Mask that is Small and not Bulky.
Recommended Hybrid CPAP Mask that is Small and not Bulky.
Recommended Oral CPAP Mask that is Small and not Bulky.