• This article deals with CPAP Mustaches and Best CPAP Mask for Beard issues.
• In our experience only a handful of masks has demonstrated to work well with this issue.
• If you have a Mustache, Goatee, Beard or any facial hair - you will have higher incidence of a CPAP mask leak.
• In order to get a good seal, the cushion from the mask must have direct contact with your skin.
• Trim it a bit. Consider trimming down the thickness of the mustache or the beard.
• Shaving is an option. But before you do, why don’t you try our recommended CPAP masks listed below.
CPAP Nasal Pillows for Facial Hair
• CPAP Nasal Pillows have fewer incidences of leaks and the highest success rates. This is because the pillows enter your nostrils and require minimal skin contact with the rest of your face.
• The thicker the mustache the more uncomfortable it will be for you and the incidence of leaks are higher.
• Now most nasal pillows will work. However the one we recommend below work really well for anyone who has a thick mustache (CPAP Mustache).
In our opinion we do not recommend them in this instance. It is hard to achieve a good seal.